Calling all artists entering grades 5-12th to submit a design that will be turned into a temporary tattoo! United for Waukesha Resiliency Center is hosting this Design Challenge as a fun way to engage students in an upcoming event called Healing Ink, hosted September 27-28th 2023! Healing Ink event will be held at Raised Grain Brewery in Waukesha!
Who can participate in the design challenge:
Any students entering 5th-12th grade for the 2023-2024 school year
How to enter:
Create a unique, original art design on an approximately a 4×6″ paper and submit a design to the Waukesha Resiliency Center via email, mail or drop it off in person at our offices. Or address is: 2000 Pewaukee Rd. Suite R, Waukesha WI 53188 Attention: UWRC Team or email design to: [email protected]
What do you win?
Designs submitted by Aug. 1st, 2023 will be entered in to the contest. A panel of judges will choose a first and a second place winner from each category: Grades 5th-8th and Grade 9-12th. The chosen designs will then go to print! These designs will be used at the Untied for Waukesha Healing Ink event on September 27 -28, 2023. Winner will also receive a gist certificate from great local restaurants for a free lunch or dinner!
Design Elements: Through your design process, think of these prompts and incorporate one or more of them into your design.
- What does a strong Waukesha mean to you?
- How can we promote positive mental health for our community?
- Show how our community cares for one another.
- What does resilincy mean to you?
- How are you a part of a Strong and Healthy Waukesha?
- HAND-DRAWN: Artwork must be drawn entirely done by hand on using crayons, color pencils, ink pens, markers, watercolor or acrylic paint, and/or by using digital tools on the computer.
- INELIGIBLE CONTENT: Artwork must not contain lewd, obscene, explicit, disparaging, or otherwise inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by United for Waukesha Resiliency Center; images that are copyrighted, trademarked
- Deadline to submit: All artwork must be submitted by August 1st, 2023 to be entered in to the design challenge
- Artists name and contact information must be included with the design
We are excited to see the creative designs the students have to share! Please contact helpish[email protected] or call: 262-522-0243 with any questions.